Unleash Your Primal Brain illuminates the fundamental “why’s” behind our actions from an evolutionary perspective. From the rise of the earliest life on earth, to our uniquely human recent adaptations, you will come away with a deep understanding of our of how the brain evolved, and why we act the way that we do.
Understand what makes us human!
This book is about the commonalities all 8,000,000,000 people on earth share.
Our ancestors were molded by ruthless survival pressures from the earliest days of life on the planet. Adaptations which worked long ago are still inside of us – also shared with insects and reptiles. Later additions are common to all mammals from the tiniest shrews to the most massive whales. Some capabilities were bolted on relatively recently, and are only shared with our primate cousins. And the runaway explosion of humans on the planet can only be explained by our own bizarre species-level evolution.
The only way to understand how our brains work is to examine the complete evolutionary arc.
- Find out why your primal brain is in charge, and your logical mind is usually asleep
- Learn what makes people unique among all other animals
- Understand the biased shortcuts your brain takes to make decisions
- Discover how culture has evolved us for learning and cooperation
- Find out how fairness and group conformity impact our behavior
- Understand the real purpose of memory, sleep, and dreaming
- Learn how stories allow us to mind-meld with other people