Unleash Your Primal Brain:
Demystifying how we think and why we act
Unleash Your Primal Brain illuminates the fundamental “why’s” behind our actions from an evolutionary perspective. From the rise of the earliest life on earth, to our uniquely human recent adaptations, you will come away with a deep understanding of how our brain evolved, and why we act the way we do.
Get a FREE sample chapter of your choice!
See praise for the book.
See the latest news.
Find out more about Tim Ash.
Understand what makes us human!
This book is about the commonalities all 8,000,000,000 people on earth share.
Our ancestors were molded by ruthless survival pressures from the earliest days of life on the planet. Adaptations which worked long ago are still inside of us – also shared with insects and reptiles. Later additions are common to all mammals from the tiniest shrews to the most massive whales. Some capabilities were bolted on relatively recently, and are only shared with our primate cousins. And the runaway explosion of humans on the planet can only be explained by our own bizarre species-level evolution.
The only way to understand how our brains work is to examine the complete evolutionary arc.
- Find out why your primal brain is in charge, and your logical mind is usually asleep
- Learn what makes people unique among all other animals
- Understand the biased shortcuts your brain takes to make decisions
- Discover how culture has evolved us for learning and cooperation
- Find out how fairness and group conformity impact our behavior
- Understand the real purpose of memory, sleep, and dreaming
- Learn how stories allow us to mind-meld with other people
Should I read this book?
Yes – if you have a brain and want to understand how it works!…
- Personal development – Improve your memory, strengthen personal relationships and community, understand your motivations and drives, make peace with your emotional nature
- Relationships – Learn why you have an affinity for certain kinds of cultures and beliefs, understand gender differences and deep-seated emotional needs, get insights into children’s development, create stronger friendships
- Business – This book can be mined for insights about leadership, group cooperation, motivation, marketing and persuasion, sales, culture, and effective communication